Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: To Vent or Not to Vent

  1. #1
    Inactive Member timofred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am about to start some cabs for 411-8a drivers, and have seen some difference of opinion on venting. forums
    The original design didn't.
    So , do I go as the maker intended ?
    Do I go for whats been found to be effective ?
    Or do I break all the rules and go for a trapezoidal , non vented cab that allows me to include high frequency drivers as well ?
    I've almost settled on 8 cubic feet , allow another 2 cubic feet sealed off , for the top end.
    Anyone have success stories or mistakes to share please.
    Thank you. Timo

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    To Vent or Not to Vent


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I've kinda changed my position on the 411, I'm thinking venting may improve their transient response of the unit vs a sealed box...and with it's heavy cone that sounds worthwhile.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Timo,

    Not a direct answer to your Q, but GM gave some sim'd 411 vented tips in this old thread;

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...&f=3729&t=1811

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ May 15, 2008 12:09 AM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.